Saturday 16 March 2013

Awesome "Aasai Mugam" Song

Hey Buddies, I have been awestruck to this song for past 4 days. I keep on listening to this song in repeat mode. It just spreads all over me its magical peace. This will be the one of the songs which will be used in my whole life whenever I am disturbed.


Yeah, they have used Tamizh dialect of Brahmins which is different from Poet's own classical tamizh. But, I am very much pleased with their performance. :-)

If you have the habit of losing yourself in melodies, then I am sure this is the one melody you are looking for.

This is one of the songs from Shankar tucker sung by Vidhya and Vandhana Sisters. They have lot of songs in that album(Shrutibox) in youtube. All of them are really good. But, this song and "Nee Ninaindhal.. "(will post later) song sung by Vidhya and Vandhana Sisters are awesome.

This song was written by Great Indian Patriot Subramaniya Bharathiyaar. In Short Bharathi as everyone says, belongs to Tamilnadu. He died in 1921.(I will put a separate post on him).

Sorry to keep you people waiting so far. The situation of this song is that a girl who is in love with lord Krishna (Kannan) singing a song about his face while missing him very badly.

First listen to the song then I will give the lyrics and meaning later.



Awesome... Right? :-)

Lets now see the lyrics and the meaning in English.

1st part

aasai mugam marandhu poachchae - idhai
yaaridam solvaenadi thoazhi
naesam marakkavillai nenjam - enil
ninaivu mugam marakkalaamoa

1st Part in English

My beloved's face is forgotten - to
whom shall I convey this my firend?
The heart hasn't forgotten his love,
can the face be forgotten

2nd Part
kannil theriyudhoru thoatram - adhil
kannanazhagu muzhidhillai
nannu mugavadivu kaanil - andha
nalla malarch chirippaik kaanoam

2nd Part in English
In my eyes is an image - but
his splendor isn't complete,
when i recollect his face - that
enchanting smile is not there

3rd Part
thaenai marandhirukkum vandum - olich
chirappai marandhuvitta poovum
vaanai marandhirukkum payirum - indha
vaiyam muzhudhumillai thoazhi

3rd Part in English
A bee that forgot the honey - or
a flower that forgot its radiance,
or a crop that forgot the rain - are
Not there in this whole world, my friend

4th Part
kannan mugam marandhupoanaal - indha
kangalirundhu payanundoa
vannap padamumillai kandaayainini
vaazhum vazhiyennadi thoazhi

4th Part in English
If they forgot his face - what
is the use of these eyes, my friend,
I don't even have his portrait - then
how am i to live my friend

(Source of Translation at the bottom of the page.)

Shankar tucker just used 1st and last part of this poem. Ah, Don't except me to comment on this poem. This was written by a Legend.

Just want to share this happiness with everyone with the meaning for Non-Tamizh Speaking people also. As I could see most of the people in you tube has asked for the meaning of it.

Bye pals. See you in next post with some more good stuff.

Thanks,
S.Sakthivel

Source : You tube  & http://ravishanker76.blogspot.com/2009/10/my-beloveds-face-is-forgotten.html Thanks.

2 comments:

  1. Dear Shakthi, first of all accept my congratulations on this maiden attempt of yours ! Nice of you to have started writing in English which will sure help in your own personality development. A few corrections, which i feel, will go a long way in making your article highly readable. Corrections :- << I have been awestruck by this song for the past... >> ; << whenever i am restless/disturbed >> ; << habit of losing yourself in melodies... >> ; << This is one of the songs from Shankar...>> Those were just a few corrections i could suggest and as for your translation of the lyric - you have really done a very good job. Keep writing and my very good wishes to you :-))

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Dear Arivu Sir, Thanks for your Congratulations and corrections. I have corrected it. I also don't want to take the credits for translation. It's from blog http://ravishanker76.blogspot.com/2009/10/my-beloveds-face-is-forgotten.html. I just merged them to make it presentable. Thanks :) Will continue to write. :-))

      Delete